Click here to watch video
Reptile is a 2023 American crime thriller film directed by Grant Singer in his feature film directorial debut, from a screenplay he co-wrote with Benjamin Brewer and Benicio del Toro. The film stars del Toro in the lead role, alongside Justin Timberlake, Alicia Silverstone, Eric Bogosian, Ato Essandoh, Domenick Lombardozzi, and Michael Pitt.
The film follows Tom Nichols (del Toro), a hardened New England detective, as he investigates the brutal murder of a young real estate agent. As Nichols digs deeper into the case, he uncovers a web of corruption and deceit that reaches to the highest levels of power. Along the way, Nichols must also confront his own personal demons and the ghosts of his past.
Reptile is a slow-burning, atmospheric thriller that relies more on character development and suspense than on action and violence. Del Toro gives a mesmerizing performance as Nichols, a complex and deeply flawed character. Timberlake is also excellent as Will Grady, a mysterious businessman who becomes embroiled in the case.
The film has been praised for its performances, its complex plot, and its dark and gritty tone. However, some critics have found the film to be too slow and meandering.
Overall, Reptile is a well-made and thought-provoking thriller that is sure to stay with you long after you watch it.
Personal Thoughts
I really enjoyed Reptile. I thought it was a well-made and suspenseful film with complex characters and a dark and gritty tone. Del Toro's performance was particularly impressive. He brought a lot of depth and nuance to the role of Tom Nichols.
I liked that the film took its time to develop the characters and the plot. I also liked that it wasn't afraid to explore some dark and complex themes.
Overall, I would recommend Reptile to fans of slow-burning, atmospheric thrillers.


No comments:
Post a Comment